Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

Lost

Not too pleased with the situation at hand- The prospect of leaving a comfort zone carved for me yet again. I’m going Home in less than 3 weeks for over two months. I don’t seem to be too excited. I do look forward to it- How can I not like the idea of running back to the bliss of my family’s warm embrace? It’s just that I’m not counting down the days till we leave, not thinking of packing up, not planning the vacation- nothing. I’m just content with the idea of going back. Fact is that I’ve learnt to love this corner of Kolkata – A place I lost in a dream and found in reality. I don’t mean that this is the land of milk and honey that I needed to reach- (I still doubt any place comes close to Bangalore in that respect) what I do mean is that I’ve taken root here, so to speak. The word ‘home’ now means the thought of my room in the hostel (when in class) or the comfort of the hundred familiar faces that support life without choking it. I have got used to it, and getting me used to better comforts all over again seems just as frightening as getting used to lesser ones. I would now refer to this as ‘home’ and that of Bangalore as ‘Home’. Of course I prefer Bangalore to college; familiarity never has bred contempt as far as I’m concerned. All I’m saying is that I’m going to miss home when I’m Home. Kudos, Kolkata.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like what sheela mami had said about kolkatta is coming true and i am happy you have found another home. ejoy.

Anshuman Rath said...

ummm...i ll sue u for plagiarism...i had the same feeling first.i ll add this to the cause of action:reading nd stealing thoughts from ma mind!!