Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Of Capitals and Quesclamations

I recently discovered the existence of the Interrobang: a combined question and exclamation mark that renders repetitious usage of the two in succession to denote simultaneous surprise and curiosity redundant.  This is the wonderful invention:   

It looks something like a blotted up 'P' but would probably be widely used if available on the standard qwerty- and subsequently abused in chats by exasperatingly redundant successive repetition. I can just imagine the "‽‽" sequences ruining the purpose of their invention.

It is Caps Lock Day today, in celebration of the most unused key ever. I think my nightmares will soon involve chat screens with the two combined with annoying textese and apostrophe abuses: "R U GNG 2 B WRKNG WITH COMP'S RUNNING VISTA". 

The horror.

2 comments:

Laya said...

The "horror" :P
He heh....

You have educated me with the new character... Now, tell me how to type it in and I shall use on you!!

tropical seagull said...

in every effort to use the quesclamation at this juncture of having perused the entireity of your most recent post, dude! you've any idea where "the horror" was first exclaimed?
let me know if it rings a bell.
ps: you write well.