“Floods in Bangalore” used to be an expression of an impossible event- until today, that is. Being conveniently situated on a hill, floods are not taken seriously. But when we get holidays from school for two whole days!! (Not that I’m complaining- it’s the best news I’ve heard in months :D) But there are people in the low lying areas whose houses are now submerged- Perhaps we’ve dared fate too many times to get away unscathed…
We’re still getting only a small share of the downpours, the floods may have ensured a release of 50 crores (not entirely sure) in aid but that’s not too bad in comparison to the amount required for calamities and famines everywhere else… It really couldn’t get worse… not here !?
Well, fare thee well...
Optimistically yours,
Estel
3 comments:
That's not good news! The only way I learnt of the floods in Bangy was through my telephonic conversations with my parents. The print media somehow doesn't seem to be concerned about the floods in the Garden City- we haven't got to know of the situation there at all.
But if it has meant two days of no school for you,then I guess that's good news! :-)
Well- It's been a strange situation... Lots of buildings collapsing in Hosur and those areas... while that is not good news, situation's not utterly terrible... (I mean- I'm still connected to the net)
hmm interesting...to think of it i shud b sympathetic considering the fact dat i come frm a state which is bugged by either famine,flood,drought or cyclones the year round!!
Post a Comment